The experts at Tailored Living corporate recently published a helpful spring cleaning checklist for some of our favorite rooms in the house. Now that spring has truly descended upon the lower mainland, we thought our followers might be able to make use of these insightful tips. They cover some areas that people don’t always think of when they do day-to-day cleaning. We’ll share a brief summary here, but you can get more in-depth info by visiting http://lms.dbmgroup.com/Email/TailoredLivingCorporate/J117857/J117857.asp?EmailAddremail@example.com&LogID=6921&ID=73712304&EID=NzM3MTIzMDQ=
The Closet (Bedrooms, Hallways, Coat Closets, etc.)
1) Sort through clothing.
2) Pack away seasonal clothing if space is an issue to make room for spring/summer wardrobe.
3) Remove items that you no longer wear and donate them to a local charity.
4) If you store non-clothing items in your closet, this is a good time to go through those items too. Decide whether they’re worth the space they take up. If not, re-home them or give them to charity.
1) Empty cabinets and remove items from shelves.
2) Dust or wash down surfaces.
3) Check expiry dates on food products and throw out any outdated food.
4) If you have food items you aren’t likely to use, donate them to a local food bank.
The Laundry Room
1) Sort through laundry and cleaning supplies.
2) Get rid of anything you don’t or won’t use.
3) Give your lint trap a good cleaning, either with water or with a strong blast of air to loosen trapped particles.
The Home Office
1) Clean computer screens.
2) Dust surfaces like your hard drive, printer and any shelving. This is a good time to check your computer or hard-drive’s exhaust screen which is prone to collecting dust and clogging, which can lead to overheating.
3) Polish mirrors.
1) Remove black tire marks from the garage floor with a gentle cleaner diluted with water or a citrus degreaser.
2) Sweep garage floor.
3) Take time to put away loose tools and other items.
On another note, thanks to everyone who stopped by the Tailored Living booth at the Ridge Meadows Home Show a couple of weekends ago. Mike & Laura Pachal enjoyed chatting with many people from all over the lower mainland and are looking forward to some upcoming renos in the Coquitlam/Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area. Be sure to visit http://www.tailoredliving.com to book your free, no-obligation consultation.